Perimeter Institute Will Replace Founding Principles
Pentcho Valev
2018-02-04 09:50:03 UTC
Neil Turok, Director of the Perimeter Institute for Theoretical Physics: "So I think that sort of theoretical catastrophe, as I view it — meaning the logical pursuit of quantum mechanics and relativity over a hundred years was tremendously successful at some level but finding its own successor theory, it hasn't been successful. I think that is also laying the ground for some sort of revolutionary change in the sense that we basically will have to go back to the founding principles. It looks like the founding principles of modern physics — quantum theory and relativity — have played out and they have not given us the answers we need. And so we have to go back and question those founding principles and find whatever it is, whatever new principle will replace them." http://www.cbc.ca/radio/ideas/physicist-neil-turok-explains-the-ultimate-simplicity-of-everything-1.3490322

How about Einstein's false constant-speed-of-light postulate? Are you going to replace it, Neil Turok? Physicists have been discussing the falsehood since 2001:

Joao Magueijo, Faster Than the Speed of Light, p. 250: "Lee [Smolin] and I discussed these paradoxes at great length for many months, starting in January 2001. We would meet in cafés in South Kensington or Holland Park to mull over the problem. THE ROOT OF ALL THE EVIL WAS CLEARLY SPECIAL RELATIVITY. All these paradoxes resulted from well known effects such as length contraction, time dilation, or E=mc^2, all basic predictions of special relativity. And all denied the possibility of establishing a well-defined border, common to all observers, capable of containing new quantum gravitational effects." http://www.amazon.com/Faster-Than-Speed-Light-Speculation/dp/0738205257

Pentcho Valev
Pentcho Valev
2018-02-05 08:16:31 UTC
Perimeter Institute: "Quantum mechanics has one thing, time, which is absolute. But general relativity tells us that space and time are both dynamical so there is a big contradiction there. So the question is, can quantum gravity be formulated in a context where quantum mechanics still has absolute time?" https://www.perimeterinstitute.ca/research/conferences/convergence/roundtable-discussion-questions/what-are-lessons-quantum

A quantum gravity where only quantum mechanics will have absolute time - other parts will be based on Einstein's "dynamical" spacetime? This is post-sanity, not just post-truth, science:

Pentcho Valev